The history of DLW
The Englishman Sir Frederic Walton (1834 - 1924) invents and patents Linoleum. He's the founder of the first Linoleum factory. Up till now, Linoleum is one of the most popular floor coverings.
Three linoleum factories are founded in Delmenhorst: "Hansa", "Schlüssel" and "Anker"
Many renowned architects design linoleum floorings for the linoleum plants in Delmenhorst. The circle and square inlay by Peter Behrens makes the global reputation of linoleum definitive.
Germanys Linoleum factories merge to Deutsche Linoleumwerke - DLW is born. From now on they produce under the same brand, in northern Germany, the Pfalz as well as in southern Germany.
The graphic designer Willi Baumeister (1889 - 1955) from Stuttgart/Germany designes the destinctice Logo of the DLW. It appears like a linoleum cut.
Linoleum becomes the preferred building and design material of the Bauhaus architects under Peter Behrens the artistic consultant at the Anker factory
Vinyl is added to our product range, followed later by designfloor, fibrebonded, sports linoleum, swimming pool and pond linings
With Luxury Vinyl, DLW adds to its product range of top-quality, aesthetically-pleasing products of top-quality design and variety, which are used especially in shopfitting.
DLW AG becomes part of Armstrong World Industries Inc. ,one of the world‘s largest flooring manufacturers
Linoleum celebrates its 150-year jubillee
The Dutch FIELDS Group acquires the floor covering manufacturer, which is steeped in tradition. From then on, it trades as DLW Flooring.