Verwaltung Deutsche Rentenversicherung Bund Berlin / DE
The listed building complex designed by Theodor Brodführer (Government Building Officer in Berlin 1920 and 1934) is located in the Berlin quarter of Wilmersdorf, on the crossing of Seesenstraße and Hohenzollerndamm. Built from 1939 to 1940, it was at the time used as the administration building of the Margarine Sales Union, which in 1945 moved its headquarters to Hamburg. Between 2005 and 2008, Prof. Bernhard Winking Architekten renovated the building complex, the present-day seat of the Deutsche Rentenversicherung. The aim of the renovation was the processing of the building fabric, a comprehensive removal of toxic matter, as well as modernisation according to the guidelines of fire prevention and freedom of barriers. While the shell-limestone façade is unobtrusive in its design, the interior is more colourful: the special eye-catcher is the blue linoleum floor, a colour designed specifically for this project.
|Country/City:||Germany / Berlin|
|Client:||Deutsche Rentenversicherung Bund, Berlin, D|
|Architect:||Theodor Brodführer / Prof. Bernhard Winking Architekten|
|Address:||Hohenzollerndamm 46-47, Berlin-Wilmersdorf, Deutschland|